Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Pickled Red Cherry Peppers

I'm actually the only one in the house who will eat these. My parents and sister like them, though. I found this recipe online after being given a bag full of cherry peppers. They're the first thing I grab from an antipasto platter, so I was happy to finally learn how to make them myself.

18-20 red cherry peppers, washed
1 cup white vinegar
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup water
1/2 - 1 tsp pickling spice

1. Preheat broiler. Broil peppers 7-12 minutes or until blistered.
2. Place peppers in paper bag and let sit 15 minutes until skins loosen. Remove skins (more or less).
3. Bring vinegar, sugar, water and pickling spice to a boil.
4. Place peppers in sterile jar and pour vinegar mixture over them. Let cool.
5. Cover and let stand overnight (in fridge). Keep refrigerated.

No comments: